Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 26 & Demo Day

         ----The title of this blog post has no affiliation with the R&B group Day 26.----

After 9 weeks of intense programming, the class before us had their demo day. Demo day is where students show of the project/s that they have been working on for the last few weeks, with the skills they acquired from the Coding Dojo. Some of them were pretty sweet and I think a couple of students were even offered jobs. You can tell a lot of the students put a great deal of time in them. Just to get an idea you had working on the computer is an accomplishment in itself.

After about 3 or so days, I finally finished my wall. All of the content works with the database and displays on the page. I am definitely going to do it again, before I take the red belt test this weekend. I feel like it is the best way to practice, since it involves everything you need from PHP. To the right is some of the code that I finally got to run and log into the database. The register and log in page let you either register if you are a first time user or log in if you already have registered. The database I created stores the log in info and uses the code to tell whether your log in is valid. I pretty much made the log in/registration page simple because I was more focused on getting everything to work, than the aesthetics of the page. Hopefully by Sunday I will have the prettier one up.


A little nervous now about demo day,

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment