Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 30

I cant believe it has already been 30 days here. In those 30 days, all I have done is code, sleep, eat, and do laundry on Sunday. O, ya, and swim. How could I forget that one.. I don't really miss any of the things I used to do because learning new languages and writing code is a lot of fun to me. Blah, blah...

Anyways, today I started to do Ajax. I am still kind of amazed at what it can do from one of the lecture problems we had to do. It is a list of names with email addresses that is set up in the database. You can type in the name box and in real time it will sort the first letter of the first or last names in the table. Below, as in the picture below where I am typing (the first one), is the table with nothing typed in the text box. But, when you type "K" in the name box, it will sort all of the names (first or last) that start with K. It does this in real time, meaning the page doesn't need to reload. For this picture, please refer to the second picture located on this page. It would be quite an awful experience if every time you wanted to sort something, it would take time to reload the page. Personally, I would say (pardon my french here -->) F this, and close the page.



<- Letter K typed in the box (if you can't see)










Not sure how I feel about the lack of colors on this page,

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment