Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 44

I spent a little time today doing the styling of my Facebook project. I want to try and get at least one major part of it done each day. Here is what I have done so far with the search-bar. I want to make the search-bar connect to the database and pull out the names with an auto-complete of the name. Shouldn't be too hard, right? I think I wall have to make this a form, then send it to the process page and have some code to make it look like magic haha. I still have some work to do on the styling of the search-bar though. I need to get the placeholder font and placement exact.




Here is the code I used to get the search-bar to auto-complete. The '#tags' are for the input id in the HTML, that corresponds to the search-bar. When you click in the search-bar, the function runs (below) and if what you have typed in the search bar matches any of those four, you can select the one you want. I only put four for testing purposes.

<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
$(function() {

     var availableTags = [
     "Kyle Anderson",
     "Reggie Smith",
     "Amy John",
     "Bob Bobby",
   ];
 
       $( "#tags" ).autocomplete({
     source: availableTags
   });
 });
});

</script>

^ will probably be messed up when this is published.. Sigh...

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment