Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 2 starts tomorrow

I am pretty confident in my HTML/CSS skills now after spending 70+ hours writing and editing code for 4 different web pages. I am pretty pleased with the outcome of them, as I strive for perfection. Each time my submissions got reviewed I tried to incorporate their suggestions into the next assignment. Things like adding comments at the end of certain Divs, deleting unnecessary line of code, and other suggestions other suggestions that I can't think off the top of my head right now haha. Having the 24 hour assistance is really awesome. Especially since they are so knowledgeable. To learn this stuff I feel like all you need is repetition, repetition, repetition. Well, that, and you need to enjoy doing this because it takes a lot of time and sometimes it takes forever to figure problems out.

Tomorrow we are starting to get into jQuery. I read a little of the documentation today on what it can do and I feel it should not be that difficult because of the amount of time I have already spent on JavaScript. Some of the things jQuery can do with web pages are: fading (.fadeOut()), hiding (.hide()), and show (.show()). These are just a few of the simple commands.

A sample piece of code looks like this,
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){

$("h1").click(function(){
alert("clicked h1");
$("h1").fadeOut();
});
</script>

This says that when the document or page is ready, run the function. Then when you click the h1 or heading 1, to have a box pop up that says, "clicked h1" and then h1 will fade away on the page.

Excited to see what more jQuery can do,

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment