Friday, October 18, 2013

Day Something

So, a brief synopsis about yesterday and "Uncubed." I got a some sleep last night, so I am good to go right now! Yesterday was basically learning new things and networking. Since I know basically no people here, it was a good opportunity to try and meet new people. Plus, the last time I was in SF--was back in the 90's (1990's) <-- You never know with some people.
Some of the companies that attended Uncubed were Dropbox (got 10GB of free space by spinning a wheel), Box, Evernote, creative Live ('c' is supposed to be lowercase, makes it edgy) and Stark Industries. Ok, maybe not the last one. Overall, It was a great time with the Dojo crew and I hope there is another one like it soon!

In class today, we had our first test--the yellow belt test. Unfortunately, I did not finish in the 4 hours that was given. I try to make everything perfect, so there is no way I could turn in quality work in that allotted time. I am still working on it, but here is what I start with before I put any content on it.

I start off by making a div called "wrapper" for the entire page A div is used to define a section of the HTML document. It makes content easier to move around and read on the HTML doc. I then make a div called "container for the content below the header. After, I add divs like "header", "side-nav", and "content". The boxes are not necessary, but it makes it easier to visualize what the page is going to look like.




Here is what the page looked like after I added some of the content. This is nowhere close to being done, though.









I will try and put up the finished product tomorrow.

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment