Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 21

Today we have been working on the assignments for the advanced PHP section. Been here since about 12 and am not going to leave till I am done (Emphasis on the one period).  Some people might not like spending hours on small assignments and not having them work. But, when you finally figure them out and get them the work, it is a great feeling!

Here is some of the code that I had trouble getting to work.
This code is getting the email entered in the index or main page and sending it to this page (displayed to the left, which is called process.php. If the email is a valid email address, the code will display the string (sentence) assigned to the $error_message variable. That variable is then assigned to the _SESSION['errors'], which is on the header part of the success.php page. Once that is completed the email and current date will be set to the variable $query, which is then called by the mysql_query, set on the connections page. This will then display on the page (on the browser). There is more code on the other pages that make this code work, but I feel like it would be too much for one blog post. Respect to the readers--nobody wants to read a lot. I am still learning this, so excuse my explanation above. 

On another note, which I can proficiently speak about, here is a pic of the three of us wearing the Coding Dojo shirts. In my defense, this was not planned; pardon Abe http://abesharif.blogspot.com/ for throwing up some sort of gang signs. He just didn't know what to do with his hands.


Thought I would throw some Talladega Nights in my post for tonight,

- Kyle 


No comments:

Post a Comment