Saturday, October 12, 2013

No Days Off

I need to stop waiting until there is 20 minutes left in the day to write this--need to keep my everyday streak alive. Anyways, I came into the Dojo today because, well, why would I not? There is really nothing else I would be rather doing. Either do what I do on a big monitor with some cool peeps or sit in my room alone on my 13" laptop . I will choose the former! Ok, it may be 12.5", but who's counting? 

Today we watched some college football and did a little coding. I guess this can count as my "day off" since I only coded for 3 hours or so. The next two days we are finishing up CSS with some twitter bootstrap and getting into jQuery next week. Bootstrap was made by some of the twitter developers and can do some pretty sweet and simple styling things. I.e. make it look pretty. Well, in theory that is what it is supposed to do. I still need to work with it a little. But, I see how it makes everything easier and cleaner.

I am really excited to learn Ruby on Rails at the end of the Coding Dojo. I have done a lot of Python, so I hopefully will be able to pick it up quickly. Keyword is hopefully. After seeing how much I didn't know about CSS--I am kind of nervous haha. But after seeing one of the instructors web pages using rails, I really want to learn it. 

3 minutes till Sunday.. 

- Kyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment