Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 18

Today I spent the whole day working on some of the problem sets with the crew in the "think tank." The think tank is where a bunch of us go into one of the meeting rooms and hook up one computer to the 50" TV on the wall-- where we work out the problems sets. I really enjoy working with a group and throwing out ideas on how to logically solve each problem. It would have taken me 2 full days to get through what we did in 6 hours. Plus, I have been coding by myself for months now and it is a lot more fun to interact with people at the same time. Throwing a joke or two around never hurts either.

So, here are some shots of how much I have been on the computer the last two weeks. The results  may a little skewed because of all of the time I spent inspecting the element on Google Chrome. But for the most part--the charts are accurate.

This is my chart (see left) for my first week at the Coding Dojo. The 52 hours is actual moving on the computer. If it counted total time, including reading, I am sure it would of been over 80 hours... Yikes! I spent the most time on Software Development (83%), which seems right because it is basically all I do haha..


To the right is my chart from last week. I logged in less hours, but, I was more productive. So I will take it! Again, most, if not all, was spent on Software development (91%). Now that I think about it, that is a lot of time spent on development. But I enjoy it, so the more the merrier. I think I can use that saying there, HA.

Below is my chart before I changed Google Chrome from neutral to productive. The chart looks a little different because it is from my Gmail, but it is all the same.I am not that good yet on photoshopping that. Emphasis on the word "yet." A good productivity score is around 40%, so in both charts--I crushed that!


If you are interested in seeing what your productivity on the computer is, check out           https://www.rescuetime.com/ (hopefully this will turn to light blue when I publish...fingers crossed). Also, take a look at http://www.stayfocusd.com/. It sets a limit for how long you can be on certain sites. I only allow myself 10 minutes total for my top sites. This includes Facebook, Yahoo, etc. It has helped me a great deal in programming because instead of spending time looking at friends profiles, I am practicing my code.


I am ready to tackle some more PHP tomorrow,

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment