Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 5

-- Trying to get this up before the day ends; 15 minutes. The clock is ticking...--

Today I finished project number 5 and the 4th CSS assignment. This one went a lot faster because I made an outline of all of my divs with colored blocks. This helps a lot I would have not even had a clue how to tackle that on day 1. Or day 2. Or 3... Ok, day 2.5. Anyways, everything went pretty smooth except for the bottom div with the class aligning right on the div. I spend probably an hour trying to figure it out. One of the TA's could not even find the bug. Eventually we had another one of the instructors come over and got it to work by taking the heading out of the class and putting it right below the main div. Something so simple that messed everything up. It turned out pretty well and almost exactly like that site I needed to re-create.

Tick Tock.

The next part we need to learn is twitter bootstrap. It is has some pretty sweet tools in it to work with the html code. I only spent a few hours reading the documentation, but I am excited to see what it can do.

Crunch time.

At the end of the day we went down the street to the Hacker Dojo. Friday they have happy hour and there was a bunch of people hanging out and drinking. It is a pretty cool space with a lot of cool and interesting people. Hopefully I can make it there a few times a week. Tomorrow is the weekend, but I don't want to take a day off because I am having so much fun and I love this stuff!

Might be some grammar mistakes... My b.

I will try and get some screenshots this weekend..

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment