Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 3

-- If some of these are not well written, I apologize (especially to my future self.) 16 hours a day of coding can take its toll on you haha--

If you have thoughts about joining one of these boot camps or coding academies, I would strongly suggest it. It's only day 3 and I have already learned an insurmountable amount of coding techniques at the Coding Dojo; plus it is a lot of fun. The teacher's are very knowledgeable and can help you with any issue. That issue that took hours to fix by yourself, will take no more than 20 minutes here. This is going by the 20 minute rule; i.e. if you cant figure it out in 20 minutes, ask for help. Can't even say how long it used to take me to figure some problems out.

Literally, all I want to do is code and work on the assignments. They are quite challenging and help you learn a lot. Each day I feel myself getting better and better. At night, all the assignments are reviewed by other instructors and sent back to us with feedback via video. Being able to build a website from scratch now and know where/how to move the elements is a good feeling. I wish I would of started learning this stuff years ago, but it is better late than never, right?

Still working on this whole blogging thing,

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment