Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 67

With all the time I have been spending on Rails, I forgot to mention that tomorrow is our last day (oops). I guess I don't really see it as ending anything because I am going to be doing the same thing everyday--from now on--anyways. Which is coding for 10-12 hours a day. The only thing I really want to do anyways haha.

Here is the latest Rails assignment I have been working on. It only has a registration, login, show, and comments page. This took me over 20 hours to finish. But, it has little styling, so it's not pretty. The important thing is that I got it to work!

Directly below is the registration page code and what happens when that code actually works (where is says register). The code that makes it work is on the controller page, which is what took up the majority of the 7 or so hours to get this working. Due to time contrasts, I will not be pulling that up.




After you register, you are taken to a login page, which will pull up your user information from the database (if it matches) and will log you in. Below is database for users, followed by the login page.



Here is where users can make comments on other users and that user who's page we are on can also make comments. This was quite tricky to figure out with the database. The middle two rows in the database represent the two comment fields needed. The first one is the user that is logged in and the second one is the user that the user (who is logged in) is commenting on. So, 22 is commenting on users 23 page. Looking at id 9 below.



Disregard the "Register" part below. This is for comments. I forgot to change that. O well. Had 2 minutes to finish this.



Got to love Bloggers formatting,

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment