Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 64

I think Rails is finally starting to come together. The more advanced things like connecting the controllers is still a little tricky, but I feel like using SQLite over MySQL is making Rails easier to process.

This is the part that I am having difficulty with. Getting the comments for that particular product, to show up on the same page, is something I have yet to figure out.

The code to the right works, as far as when the form is submitted, but the only issue is getting it to display it back on the show page as well.
There are comments for the product, but that was done in the db, which displays on the page you tell it to. This is all done through the controller.







This is part of the products controller where you control what gets displayed on the pages--through methods or functions. You can create, delete, edit, update, etc., different parts of your views.















I am running out of time for the night, so I will try and peice this together tomorrow.

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment